SERVICES FOR LICENSEES
Please be advised:
In response to the COVID-19 spread in the Commonwealth and
pursuant to 40 P.S. 310.8(e), the Pennsylvania Insurance Department is
extending the licensing renewal deadline for licenses expiring on March 31,
2020. Licenses expiring on March 31, 2020 will remain in active status
until further notice.
While the Insurance Department strongly encourages licensees
to renew their licenses by the due date via electronic means such as Sircon and
NIPR, as well as take advantage of online CE courses, we understand that at
this time, the circumstances related to COVID-19 may prevent some licensees
from being able to renew their licenses or complete CE requirements in
time. Any and all renewal requirements, including CE, are still
applicable and the Department will work with licensees once COVID-19 has been
contained to meet these requirements.
Fingerprinting Process Changes: November 17, 2017
Professional Bail Bondsman licenses and Act 16 of 2015 (“Act 16”): September 30, 2015
Change in Vendor for Exam and Education Services: June 2, 2015
You must be licensed to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or be appropriately licensed to transact other insurance related functions such as appraise physical damage to motor vehicles. To be licensed there are various requirements you need to fulfill such as pre-licensing education and testing requirements. The licensing requirements are different, depending for which license you would like to apply and your status as a resident or a non-resident applicant.
The links below provide all the information you need to apply for or maintain your license.
- Fee Schedule – Provides information on licensing fees.
- Before You Apply – Provides information regarding requirements that need met before you apply for your license.
- How to Apply – Provides information such as application forms and fingerprinting information.
- Maintain Your License – Provides renewal information, renewal forms, lapsed license renewal forms and other miscellaneous licensing forms you may find useful.
- Online Services – Provides information on changing an address, pending licensing application search, finding a licensed insurance professional and checking your continuing education status.
- Appointment Information – Provides information for insurance companies regarding the annual appointment billing.
- Notices and Information – Provides information regarding licensing updates.
- Ask a Question – Send an email to a licensing representative.
- Print Your License – We no longer mail licenses, use this link to print your license.
Act 21 of 2012 – The Public Adjuster Law:
Act 26 of 2018 – Limited Lines Travel Insurance Producer License:
Act 48 of 2018 – Life Locator and Annuity Suitability:
Act 97 of 2018 – Self-Service Storage:
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Still can’t find what you are looking for? If you still have questions, email us at [email protected] or contact us at 717-787-3840.