Doesn’t seem familiar? Jump to the “Ultra” help about editing your info and preferences.
You can edit the information that appears in your user account on the Edit Personal Information page. Changes you make appear throughout Blackboard Learn. For example, if you change your last name, the new last name appears in all the courses you’re enrolled in or teaching. Most of the personal information is optional.
Your institution may not allow you to change your personal information, password, or settings through Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Learn often shares data with other systems on campus, such as the registrar’s office. Your institution may need to ensure that your information is the same everywhere. In this case, your institution will have a different way to change your information. Contact your institution for more information.
- Open the menu next to your name in the page header > Settings > Personal Information > Edit Personal Information. You can also access Personal Information in the Tools panel on the My Institution tab.
- Make changes as needed.
- Select Submit.
You can manage your personal settings that control the language pack, calendar choice, and page instructions in the system.
- Open the menu next to your name in the page header > Settings > Personal Information > Change Personal Settings. You can also access Personal Information in the Tools panel on the My Institution tab.
- On the Change Personal Settings page, you can select a language pack from the menu that is localized to your culture.
- If available, you can control the calendar display. Select an option from the First day of week menu.
- Select Yes to display page instructions for brief explanations on each page. Some pages have links to More Help that open new windows with additional steps for the features.
- Select Submit.
You can choose the information you want others to see. Your information appears in the roster, on group pages, and in the Grade Center to instructors. You may also choose to show this information in the User Directory in the Tools panel on the My Institution tab. If you choose not to share your email address, it doesn’t appear anywhere in Blackboard Learn.
If your institution has turned on the profile and the people tools, you can set privacy settings within your profile.
- Open the menu next to your name in the page header > Settings > Personal Information > Set Privacy Options. You can also access Personal Information in the Tools panel on the My Institution tab.
- On the Set Privacy Options page, select the appropriate check boxes to make your personal information visible to other Blackboard users and in the User Directory.
- Select the appropriate check boxes if you don’t want other course and organization members to contact you by email.
- Select the appropriate check boxes If you don’t want your name to appear in course and organization rosters.
- Select Submit.
You can choose if some information appears in the user menu. For example, you can remove the Courses and Organizations links.
Your institution controls the availability of features, tools, and, links. For example, you may not be allowed to upload a profile picture.
Open the menu next to your name in the page header > Settings > Personal Information > Personalize My Settings.
- In the My Settings Link section, if you clear the check boxes for My Courses and My Organizations, they won’t appear in your user menu.
- If you select the check boxes, the Courses and Organizations sections appear with a list of your courses and organizations.
- If you have no courses or organizations, the links won’t appear.
- If you’ve never accessed a course or organization, it appears in a sub-section. For example, in the Courses section, a course you’ve never accessed appears in My Other Courses.
The selections you make don’t affect the My Courses or My Organizations modules on the My Institution tab or what appears on the Courses tab.
If you clear the check box for Content Collection: Bookmarks, none of the bookmarks you make in the Content Collection will appear in the Links section.
Your institution can provide links in the Links section and you can show saved bookmarks from the Content Collection. You can’t control which links your institution chooses to share.
When you use a third-party tool, the application may ask your permission to operate within Learn on your behalf. This process allows a learning application to submit their assignments or tasks you’ve completed to Blackboard Learn. Similar to syncing social media applications, the integration allows your learning platforms to work together. After you allow access, you can manage the authorization from Application Authorization on the Tools panel.
Doesn’t seem familiar? Jump to the “Ultra” help about passwords.
We recommend that you change your password periodically to ensure security. Don’t use common personal information for your password, such as your name.
Log in to change your password. Open the menu next to your name in the page header > Settings > Personal Information > Change Password.
Passwords are case sensitive, must not contain spaces, and must be at least one character long. Passwords can contain a maximum of 32 characters.
- Navigate to the URL where you access Blackboard.
- On the login page, select Forgot Your Password? or Forgot Password?
- Type your first name, last name, and username. You need an active email address associated with your account to receive instructions. Or, type your first name, last name, and email address.
After you submit your information, you can create a new password based on the instructions you receive in an email. Your current password remains active until you change it.